
Nem tudo que peço à vida ela me da
de acordo com o meu pedido.
O desengano é bruto, não brinca mas
Não sou dado às ilusões mas
Lido da Silva - Chuy, janeiro de 2024.
@
I don't know!
Not everything that I ask to life is given to me
exactly as I ask for it.
I don’t know!
I think it’s better than the deception that
fools me, and so I don’t like it.
Disillusionment is harsh; it doesn’t play games, but
it doesn’t deceive either.
I like that!
So I don’t play games, and if I do, I do so
with caution.
The truth isn’t a friend; it’s an advisor.
It speaks little, and when it does speak,
it does so to correct.
Its criticisms, though harsh, are
always necessary.
I’m not one for illusions, but
I confess that, not infrequently, I daydream.
Moderation watches over me—poor thing!
I give her no peace.
The coldness of reality hurts just as much
as the truths of life.
The truth intimidates my illusions
and discourages my daydreaming.
Não sei!
Penso ser melhor que o engano que
me engana e então não gosto.
O desengano é bruto, não brinca mas
tambem não engana.
Gosto!
Daí eu não brinco, e se brinco o faço
com prudência.
A verdade não é amiga, é conselheira.
Ela fala pouco, e se se manifesta o
faz para corrigir.
Sua críticas, ainda que duras, são
sempre necessárias.
Não sou dado às ilusões mas
confesso que, não raro, devaneio.
A moderação me observa, coitada!
Não lhe dou sossego.
A frieza da realidade dói tanto
quanto as verdades da vida.
A verdade intimida as minhas ilusões
e desencoraja o meu devanear.
Lido da Silva - Chuy, janeiro de 2024.
@
I don't know!
Not everything that I ask to life is given to me
exactly as I ask for it.
I don’t know!
I think it’s better than the deception that
fools me, and so I don’t like it.
Disillusionment is harsh; it doesn’t play games, but
it doesn’t deceive either.
I like that!
So I don’t play games, and if I do, I do so
with caution.
The truth isn’t a friend; it’s an advisor.
It speaks little, and when it does speak,
it does so to correct.
Its criticisms, though harsh, are
always necessary.
I’m not one for illusions, but
I confess that, not infrequently, I daydream.
Moderation watches over me—poor thing!
I give her no peace.
The coldness of reality hurts just as much
as the truths of life.
The truth intimidates my illusions
and discourages my daydreaming.
@
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário