As
tuas preces se perdem no vazio que existe
entre
O
teu coração e eu.
O vazio que existe entre nós agiganta-se
quando
Logo após tuas preces não reconheces
o teu irmão,
Quando finges de surdo diante
dos lamentos dos
Menos afortunados.
As
tuas preces ferem os meus ouvidos porque não
Oras
com sinceridade, e quando conjugas os verbos
O
faz sempre na primeira pessoa do singular.
As tuas orações
começam sempre no “eu” ,
Permanecem no “eu” e terminam
no
- “para mim” - .
Não suporto ouvir as tuas
orações e, por mais que
Eu queira, me é difícil conceder-te
o meu perdão.
As
tuas orações angustiam o meu coração, elas são
Torturas,
algo terrível de ouvir.
Não sei por que gritas tanto
quando oras, por
Ventura pensas que eu não seria
capaz de ouvir-te se
Orasses em tom moderado?
É
triste ver-te adentrando em minha casa com o
Coração
repleto de ambições e desejos diferentes
Do que tenho para
te oferecer.
Habacuc - Castries, agosto de 2019.
*
Your prayers are lost in the void that exists between
Your heart and me.
The void between us grows larger when,
Right after your prayers, you fail to recognize your
Brother, when you turn a deaf ear to the cries of the
Less fortunate.
Your prayers hurt my ears because you do not pray
Less fortunate.
Your prayers hurt my ears because you do not pray
Sincerely, and when you conjugate verbs you always
Do so in the first person singular.
Your prayers always begin with “I,” remain with
Your prayers always begin with “I,” remain with
“I,” and end with “for me.”
I cannot bear to hear your prayers, and no matter
I cannot bear to hear your prayers, and no matter
How much I want to, I find it difficult to grant you
My forgiveness.
Your prayers distress my heart; they are torture,
Your prayers distress my heart; they are torture,
Something terrible to hear.
I don’t know why you shout so much when you pray
I don’t know why you shout so much when you pray
Perhaps you think I wouldn’t be able to hear you if
You prayed in a moderate tone?
It’s sad to see you entering my house with a heart full
You prayed in a moderate tone?
It’s sad to see you entering my house with a heart full
Of ambitions and desires different from what I have to
Offer you.
*
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário